CPLI Positive School Discipline Initiative
Positive School Discipline Institute
Positive School Discipline Resources
Journals and Articles
- American Educator (Winter 2015-2016). Seeding Change in School Discipline: The Move from Zero Tolerance to Support
- American Federation of Teachers, Cheryl Staats (2016). Understanding Implicit Bias: What Educators Should Know
- American Federation of Teachers, National Education Association, Advancement Project, National Opportunity to Learn Campaign (2014). Restorative Practices: Fostering Healthy Relationships and Promoting Positive Discipline in Schools.
- Discipline Disparities: A Research-to-Practice Collaborative (2014). How Educators Can Eradicate Disparities in School Discipline
- Dora Dome Law (2016). School Resource Officer Toolkit
- Indiana Advisory Committee to the US Civil Rights Commission (2016). Civil Rights and the School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Indiana Department of (n.d.). Alternatives to Suspensions and Expulsions: A Teacher and Administrator Guide to School Discipline
- James Moorehouse Project, Jenn Rader. (2014). Using Trauma Informed Strategies to De-Escalate Classroom Conflict.
- Jason Nance (2016). Dismantling the School-to-Prison Pipeline: Tools for Change
- National Association of State Board Educators, Greta Colombi, and David Osher (2015). Advancing School Discipline Reform
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network (2008). Child Trauma Toolkit for Educators.
- National Juvenile Justice Network (2015). School Discipline & Security Personnel: A Tip Sheet for Advocates on Maximizing School Safety and Student Success
- National Juvenile Justice Network (2016). Improving Educational Opportunities for Youth in the Juvenile Justice System
- New York City Mayor’s Leadership Team (2015). Safety with Dignity: Policy Recommendations from the Mayor’s Leadership Team on School Climate and Discipline
- Opportunity to Learn Campaign, Great Lakes Equity Center, Thorius, K.A., Rodriguez, E.M., & Bal, A. (2014). Re-Mediating the Role of School-Family Partnerships in Systemic Change within Culturally Responsive Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
- The Center for Civil Rights Remedies: Daniel Losen, Cheri Hudson, Michael Keith, Katrina Morrison, Shakti Belway (2015). Are We Closing the School Discipline Gap?
- Transforming School Discipline Collaborative (2015). TSDC Administrator Guide and Toolkit
- U.S. Department of Education (2014). Directory of Federal School Climate and Discipline Resources
- U.S. Department of Education (2015). Addressing the Root Causes of Disparities in School Discipline: An Educator’s Action Planning Guide
- U.S. Office of Special Education, Department of Education, Kent McIntosh, Erik Girvan, Robert Horner, Keith Smolkowski (2014). Education Not Incarceration: A Conceptual Model for Reducing Racial and Ethnic Disproportionality in School Discipline
- Addressing classroom bias to improve learning with the Center for Policing Equity (YouTube)
- A tale of two teachers (TED Talk)
- Bringing cultural context and self-identity into education (TED Talk)
- Catching Kids as They Fall (YouTube)
- Missouri Department of Education with Jim Sporleder (YouTube)
- Why diversity is not enough to reach real integration in schools (TED Talk)