The Children's Policy & Law Initiative of Indiana
Seeking to reform laws & practices that contribute to the criminalization of children
Focus of Advocacy and Reform:
- Change laws, policies, practices, and culture to keep children in schools and out of the juvenile and criminal justice systems
- Reform school discipline laws and reduce the exclusionary practices of suspensions and expulsions of children from schools
- Ensure fairness and equity for court-involved youth
- Advocate for age-appropriate, research-based continuum of services for troubled or court-involved children
- Promote public policies and practices that embrace positive, strength-based youth development approaches, and advocate for laws that invest in Indiana’s children
CPLI is registered 501(c)(3) and a member of the National Juvenile Justice Network (NJJN), a network of state-based juvenile justice advocacy groups.
Please consider an online donation using PayPal! Or if you would like to contribute financially to CPLI in another way, please contact us by phone or email. As a registered 501(c)(3) public charity, our organization your donation will be tax deductible to the extent allowable under state and federal laws. We welcome and thank you for your support!
The latest from CPLI
Welcome to the website of the CPLI of Indiana. We look forward to your support in our efforts to achieve justice and reform policies that criminalize our state’s children. Please check back regularly to learn more about our organization and current topics facing Indiana kids.